Sunday 26 February 2012

DIY pen/makeup brush pots!

Hello everyone,
I originally saw this idea on Torie's blog and I decided I had to do it myself because it is so cute! Here is what you will end up with:


They are so simple to make and they look so cute! The possibilities are endless with the size/shape/pattern and they are really fun to do! 
These are the ones which Torie made and they are so cute!
If you want to see how to make them then click here because she explained it really well! I really recommend following her if you want more ideas like this for DIY things for your bedroom/house, I have got so many great ideas and inspiration from her!
I used the same method as her to make mine, except that I put sticky back plastic onto the wallpaper before I put them onto the tins so that they would last longer.
The wallpaper that I used came from a company called Wallpaper Direct. They let you order a few free samples, there are SO many to chose from and they are perfect for making these with!
Just in case you were wondering which samples I ordered, they were:
1 Rosebud by Pip Wallpaper (pink)
Rosebud by Pip Wallpaper (blue)
3 Rosebud by Anna French (pink)
4 Rosebud by Anna French (cream)
As you can see, I still have loads of paper left to make other fun things with! If you decide to make these, use a pattern with a small design on it, so that there is less empty space, and you can see the design clearly. For example if you used one with massive flowers as the design, you wouldn't be able to see what it is!





You can use them to hold makeup brushes, pens, cotton wool, hairbands and loads of other things! As I still have paper left over I am going to make more but with different sized tins :)
Please let me know if you make these because I would love to see them!
Thankyou for reading this and have a lovely day 

39 comments:

  1. This is SO cute! I have leftover wallpaper from when I decorated my bedroom, so I can make matching ones. What a fab idea, and yours look amazing :D

    Mollie xo
    molliemuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh that's such a good idea! They will look really good if they match your room! :D tweet me a photo if you do make them? :D xox

      Delete
  2. WOW!! I am definitly doing this, they are sooooo cute!!

    Thanks for sharing hun (and thanks Tori)

    Em

    x

    http://www.emsmixedbag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just ordered my free samples :-)
    thanks for the heads up! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's alright Jodie! If you make them please tweet me a photo! :D xox

      Delete
  4. They look great! Such pretty patterns you used!
    Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Torie! I can't wait to make more things from your blog! :D xox

      Delete
  5. These are so cute! I may have to give this a go! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Katie! I would love to see them if you do make them! :) xox

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sending me your link through twitter! These are actually amazing!!! Out of a tin I would never have guessed it will be using up any odds and ends of posh paper I have for sure! Great post now following xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Simderella! Your blog is really cute and I followed you back! :D xox

      Delete
  7. These looks really nice! I keep my brushes in paperchase pots. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angelica! I used to keep mine in pots but I think these make your bedroom look much more individual! :D xox

      Delete
  8. I keep my brushes in a pen holder at the minute,doesn't match the colour of my room at all ha really have to try this out,thanks for sharing! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awhh thanks Emer! haha if you make them please tweet me a photo! :D xox

      Delete
  9. Oh I love this!! It's such a cute idea :) Might have to try this myself

    Lindsey X
    http://www.spiral-static.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey! If you make them please tweet me a photo! :D xox

      Delete
  10. This is amazing. I have to try this x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Shannon! If you make them please tweet me a photo or something so I can see them! :D xox

      Delete
  11. What a cute idea! :) I'm definitely going to try this because I have LOADS of brushes & they need sorting out. I keep them in a drawer but I forget about them most of them time.

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks Natalie! I think I'd get so annoyed with my brushes in a drawer because I wouldn't be able to find them if I was in a rush! :)

      xox

      Delete
  12. I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Please visit here to see what you do next :)

    http://neenyswishlist.blogspot.com/2012/03/lovely-kerri-from-secret-beauty-hoarder.html
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a simple yet effective thing to do! I'm definitley going to make some of these for my make up brushes!

    www.withloverachelx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely idea! Definitely going to have to try this out :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are definitely a step up from the old coke glass i'm using for my make up brushes and the old milkshake bottle for pens. I'm really going to have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great idea.. absolutely love the print of the tins!x

    ReplyDelete
  17. amazing idea! such pretty patterns too xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi I love your blog and lovely post really clever, I follow your blog can you follow mine.

    http://stylesayso.blogspot.co.uk/

    Thank You x

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so cute, you totally inspired me to make them and I love them so thank you! I did a little post about them over on my blog xxx
    http://blog-issa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing idea. I'm so doing this!!!
    lots of love Aimie xxx

    www.aimievictoriassecrets.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. The blog is good enough, keep up writing such type of posts.bubblegum casting reviews

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd purely tell you all “awesome information”Accident Claims

    ReplyDelete
  23. Howdy dudes! Astonishing stuff keep it up!!Get High PR Backlinks

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.